Finally the long awaited feature has arrived! Gmail Push has finally been added to the iPhone, gmail push is a service that allows you to get notified within seconds of receiving new mail. This feature is great for those who depend on their email for updates. Along with email getting pushed, your Google Calendar notifications can also get push notifications.
- iPhone or iPod touch with 3.0 firmware (or higher)
- A Google Account
1.Go to Settings->Mail, Contacts,Calendars
2. Tap “Add account”
3. Select “Microsoft Exchange”
4. In the Email field, enter your full Google Account email address. If you use an @googlemail.com address, you may see an “Unable to verify certificate” warning when you proceed to the next step.
5. Leave the Domain blank.
6. Enter your full Google Account email address as the Username.
7. Enter your Google Account password as the Password.
8. Tap Next at the top of your screen.
9. Choose Accept if the Unable to Verify Certificate dialog appears.
10. A new Server field will appear. Enter m.google.com.
11. Press Next at the top of your screen again.
12. Select the Google services you want to sync.
13. Unless you want to delete all the existing Contacts and Calendars on your phone, select the Keep on my iPhone option when prompted. This will also allow you to keep syncing with your computer via iTunes.