Want to broadcast the audio of your computer similar to how I broadcast music? Well stereo mix is what you are looking for, this is essentially a virtual microphone on your broadcaster and when selected rather then using the audio from your mic it uses the audio from your computer. This guide is based for all Windows machines!
- Right click the audio icon in your system tray and click properties.
- Click the recording tab.
- Under recording devices click properties then check off “Stereo Mix.
- Right click the audio icon in your system tray and click recording properties.
- If “Stereo Mix” is present select that as your device and hit okay, if not go on to step 3.
- Right click the white space and check of “Show Disabled Devices”
- Stereo Mix should then be presented, enable it and then activate it as your device, then hit okay.
Now in your broadcaster window (in this case, the Justin.tv broadcaster) and select Stereo Mix (or the soundcard if you’re on Windows XP) as your source then every noise your computer makes is broadcasting 🙂
If for some reason you still can’t do Stereo Mix (some soundcards have different methods of activating stereomix), leave a comment below and someone will help you 🙂